- Removed license check and activation requirements.
- Fix IE download issues on Windows 7 and 10
- Fix IE download issues (and some file rename failures) on Windows 10 Spring 2019
- Internet Explorer new tabs will no longer open a new window instead
- Addressed an issue in which certain installers would not start if triggered via forced folders
- Addressed a bug that affected activations and licensing creation.
- Added partial support for WIndows 10 Insider -Fast ring version 18362 (still working on full support, we are aware downloads will not work from sandboxed browsers) .
- Added support for Windows 10 v1809.
- Fixed issues with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Reader 2019 related to the "Save As" dialog displaying blank .
- Fixed a path issue that would prevent applications from running/installing inside a Sandbox
- Fixed LibreOffice unable to launch issue.
- Improved templates for Waterfox profile access.
- Addressed SBIE2209 Cannot translate SID to user name: [22 / 1332] message that would trigger when using a Sandbox restricted to specific users only.
- Tested OK on Fast Ring x64 18312 / FR x86 18309 (newer versions than the ones listed here will most likely not work).
- Open paths no longer write any files into sandbox.
- Fixed Win 8.1 x86 issue "SBIE2331 Service start failed: [22/5] Access is denied."triggered if KB4093114 was installed.
- Fixed "SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process Start.exe [11 / 87]" tiggered after creating a new Sandbox and launching applications right away.
- Fixed crashes (and lack of functionality) of start command lines options.
- Fixed Internet Explorer crash SBIE2303 Could not hook CryptClassErrorHandler (4) SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: iexplore.exe [DefaultBox].
- Fixed Registry Hive issues introduced in Windows 10 FR (Insider) "SBIE1241 Cannot mount registry hive: [C000003A / 22] SBIE2314 Canceling process Start.exe" when changing container folder to different drives.
- Fixed Firefox sandbox content level 2+ issues related to audio, video, printing and crashes.
- Fixed Firefox "SBIE2205 Service not Available: CreateDesktop".
- Fixed crashes related to browse for folder dialogs.
- Added compatibility for Opera v54 /dev + -no-sandbox flag..
- Fixed crashes related to the latest versions of Chromium, affecting apps such as Chrome Canary v59.
- Improved compatibility for Firefox "Allow direct access to Firefox passwords"
- Fixed BSODs and hangs related to Windows 10 Insider v17666 (This is the latest FR version supported in this build)
- Added support for Secure Boot
- Fixed Win 7-64 Sbie driver load
failure with KB4056897 /KB4056894
- Fixed BSOD in Win 10-32 CU with
- Fixed Win 10-32 FCU dllhost.exe /
sbiedll.dll initialization fail
- Fixed crash in Windows 10 FR Build
17035 and added support for FR up
- Fixed BSOD with Print2Flash install
- Fixed Office 2013-C2R failure to
- Source code updated to Visual Studio
- Added support for Firefox Favicons
(Right-click on your Sandbox
--> Sandbox Settings-->
Web Browser --->
Firefox --> Allow direct access
to Firefox bookmark and history
- Addressed an issue in which Opera 51
/Chrome v64 dev/Canary were crashing
- For x86 systems --> If you
Initialization failed for process
Start.exe [11 / 87]" after
creating a new Sandbox/installing
please allow 30 seconds to go by,
then re-try the action.
This is being investigated
- Windows Creator's Fall Update is now
- Made improvements to ForceFolder
including adding support for "Open
With" dialogs, and running registry
- Fixed licensing issues causing MS
Office applications to crash after 5
- Fixed Firefox/General Drag-Drop
- Fixed Save/Recovery issues for
- Fixed an issue in which Sandboxed
Internet Explorer proxy settings
would modify the registry on the
- Added/Updated templates for AVG,
BitDefender, Babylon and Opera.
- Implemented code fixes to address
"SBIE2101" issues caused by Windows
Defender "App & Browser Control"
in Windows 8.1 and 10
[If you are using the "Windows
SmartScreen Template from Beta
5.21.7, you will need to remove it
after installing Sandboxie 5.22].
- Implemented a driver fix for a BSOD
occurring when Webroot is installed
and a new Sandbox is created while
a ForceProcess is started.
- Fixed several Chrome crashes in
- Fixed auto-recovery dialog failure
to popup in Win 10-CU.
- Firefox H264 video decoder now
- Creation of IE embedded application
objects are no longer blocked by
default (which began in 5.18).
If IE is your default browser, it is
being forced, and hyperlinks in MS
Office are not working, you can use
new option BlockIEEmbedding=y.
- Windows Creators Update is now
- Firefox multi-process (Electrolysis)
is now supported in Win 7 and later.
- Fixed problem with clicking Office
hyperlinks failing to start
- TLS error when loading google sites
in IE has been fixed.
- Fixed crash when starting IE while
using Microsoft User Experience
- Added support for Opera Neon.
- Fixed template for Roboform.
- Fixed Chrome 56 lingering child
- Fixed Windows 10 build 14942
"SBIE2205 Service not implemented:
- Fixed Windows 10-64 build 14965
"SBIE1222 Error with security token:
(C00000BB / 35)"
- Fixed Windows 10-32 build 14971
"SBIE1222 Error with security token:
(C0000058 / 62)"
- Fixed incompatibility with latest
Nvidia drivers & DirectX.
- guard64.dll added to templates.ini
- In Win 8.1-32, and 10-32, UAC was
always checked and grayed in Run Any
Program start.exe dialog box.
to fix Flash failure to start on
- Fixed certificate revocation check
- Temporary files are no longer
created with copy/paste
- SbieCtrl now gets Sandboxie updates
(and other manufacturers') secure
smart cards (CAC) are now supported.
- Fixed BSOD that can occur if your
license has expired and you are
using MS Office ClickToRun.
- Added "Always on Top" option to
SbieCtrl View menu.
This will keep the SbieCtrl window
as the top-most window.
- Fixed elevated installer failure
introduced in 5.14.